William A. S. Sarjeant

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
      I was reading Foreword magazine before getting on the plane to San
      Diego, and I saw a review of MS. HOLMES OF BAKER STREET, THE TRUTH ABOUT
      SHERLOCK, which apparently contains the premise that Sherlock Holmes may
      have been a woman. The title was by C. Alan Bradley and William A. S.
      Sarjeant. Publisher: University of Alberta Press, ISBN: 0-88864-415-9,
      softcover, $34.95.

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2004
        In a message dated 7/28/2004 11:34:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        verba001@... writes:

        > I was reading Foreword magazine before getting on the plane to San
        > Diego, and I saw a review of MS. HOLMES OF BAKER STREET, THE TRUTH ABOUT
        > SHERLOCK, which apparently contains the premise that Sherlock Holmes may
        > have been a woman. The title was by C. Alan Bradley and William A. S.
        > Sarjeant. Publisher: University of Alberta Press, ISBN: 0-88864-415-9,
        > softcover, $34.95.

        Just in case someone might be surprised by this announcement, this isn't a
        new book. It does appear to be a new publisher for the book. It was originally
        published in 1989. Bill Sarjeant was a longtime Mythopoeic Society member
        who died a couple of years ago, for those of you who don't recognize his name.
        Sheesh, this is an expensive edition. I hope it's at least a nice hardback.