RE: [mythsoc] Re: summer reading

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2004
      I used to keep track of everything I read, too. Lots of SF, from James
      Blish's Star Trek adaptations to Heinlein and Clark; lots of fantasy; a
      smattering of mysteries; plays, mostly Shakespeare and the Greeks; and a
      lot of classics as well. I blew away my senior year English teacher
      when I told him I read Bocaccio's Decameron for fun over the summer --
      but I probably never would have known about it if I hadn't stumbled
      across it at a flea market. A lot of what I read was picked up for 10
      cents a book... I don't think I ever encountered a reading list either.
      And my daughter is home-schooled, so I don't know what they do around
      here. Maybe I ought to make up a list for her of what she should have
      read before she gets to college...

      Janet