Re: [mythsoc] Re: Laurel K. Hamilton

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2004
      Hi Lizzie,
      There's a few more writers doing books similiar to Hamilton's
      Anita Blake books . One series is called "The Dresden Files"
      by Jim Butcher.
      Another series is written by Simon Green and is set in London.
      And a third is an older series by P. N. Elrod.

      Green is perhaps closest to Hamilton in the sex and violence
      mix, while Butcher's a bit lighter.

      Elrod's are set in an alternative 1930's, I believe. I haven't read
      those,
      but I like the Jim Butcher books as quick "brain candy" reads and
      recommend them to customers looking for books like Hamilton's.

      I also have read Yarbro and have enjoyed the use of the historical
      backgrounds.

      Bill