Ann Arbor restaurants

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2004
      For those planning on being in Ann Arbor before or after Mythcon, a few
      words from my native guides:

      There are many good restaurants in downtown Ann Arbor, among them:
      Afternoon Delight, 251 E. Liberty (soups, salads, sandwiches: "lovely place")
      Amadeus, 122 E. Washington (Eastern European specialties: "nice place")
      Mr. Greek's, 215 S. State ("the best cheese fries in town, and I like the
      gyros")
      Palio, 347 S. Main ("we're more likely to go here than the other Italian
      restaurants downtown, but that's just us")
      Shalimar, 211 E. Washington (temporary location: "our favorite Indian
      restaurant")
      Seva, 314 E. Liberty ("a vegetarian restaurant which dates back to the
      counterculture era")
      Zanzibar, 216 S. State ("used to be a favorite of ours, but prices went way
      up after the latest overhaul")

      The native guides' favorite breakfast place is Cafe Marie, 1759 Plymouth,
      about halfway between the hotel and the main UM campus.

      About the most famous restaurant in Ann Arbor, Zingerman's Deli, the native
      guides say:
      "Hoo hah. Is Zingerman's still good, or are they coasting on their former
      reputation? Certainly it's the most famous restaurant in town, but the
      prices have hit the ridiculous level -- many sandwiches now $13 -- and many
      of us claim it's not as good as it was ten years ago. We do keep
      Zingerman's breads as a stock item in our house -- the breads are pricey
      but delicious and filling."

      - David Bratman