Number of Stewards

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 1999
      Wayne Hammond wrote:

      >> On another note, we will also see other Stewards stepping down in the
      >> near future, from the positions of Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences,
      >> Membership Secretary and Editor of _Mythlore_. We certainly hope to be
      >> able to find volunteers to help with these areas. We don't have Council
      >> room to fill all of these positions with new people
      >
      >I'm sure that others must be as confused as I am by this last sentence.

      At the moment, we have 10 Stewards:

      1. Founder of the Society and Mythlore Editor: Glen GoodKnight
      2. Membership Secretary: Ken Lauw
      3. Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences: David Bratman (resigning Mar. 1)
      4. Discussion Group Secretary: David Lenander
      5. Treasurer: Lisa Harrigan
      6. Mythprint Editor: Eleanor Farrell
      7. Mythic Circle Editor: Gwenyth Hood
      8. Orders Dept.: Lee Speth
      9. Corresponding Secretary (and current Chair): Edith Crowe
      10. Mythopoeic Press Secretary: me

      By the laws of California, under which the Mythopoeic Society is
      incorporated, we are allowed only 10 Stewards (or 10 members of the Board
      of Directors). Glen is resigning as Mythlore editor, but remains a Steward
      because he is Mythopoeic Society founder. If we add, for example, Bilbo
      Baggins as Mythlore Editor, that would make 11 Stewards. But we can't have
      11 Stewards because of California law (UNLESS the Mythopoeic Society
      membership approves a greater number of Stewards by vote). Therein is the
      difficulty.

      Joan
      List Administrator

      Joan Marie Verba verba001@...