OT christian feminism, a book search

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 5:32 AM
      http://thewitness.org/agw/kaeton.010402.html

      Hi all, here's a question that may be best answered off list, unless there
      is enough interest to take a little side jaunt into the subject.

      This is a link to a review of a book called _The Wisdom of Daughters: Two
      Decades of the Voice of Christian Feminism_. It includes essays from the
      defunct periodical "Daughters of Sarah." I could not find the book on
      amazon, and have in the past found Ms Keaton to be rather short of words in
      email responses (a strange trait in a liberal NE Episcopal priest, if you
      ask me).

      Has anyone seen this book or have ideas why it doesn't seem to turn up on
      amazon? I searched under Innisfree Press and got pages of out of print
      (and current, probably) books. Perhaps I missed the paragraph that said
      the book wasn't out yet for the public outside of ordering direct from the
      publisher? I'd rather find it somewhere, read the reviews, and think on it
      a while before ordering.

      I did get the DoS magazine for a few years, before kids, and it was a neat
      periodical at times.

      best,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10 2:44 PM
        Lizzie,

        I searched for the book on the Barnes & Noble website. It's there:

        http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=BQv16SReGD&
        isbn=188091347X&itm=2

        I then searched for the book on the Amazon website. It's there:

        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/188091347X/qid=1089495606/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_7/103-8247940-3622208?v=glance&s=books

        I'm not sure why you had problems finding it. I entered "The Wisdom of
        Daughters" in both cases. It wasn't at the top of list of books returned in either
        case.

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10 4:47 PM
          <<I'm not sure why you had problems finding it. I entered "The Wisdom of
          Daughters" in both cases. It wasn't at the top of list of books returned in
          either
          case. >>

          Thanks, Wendell (and everyone who replied off list).

          I don't know why it didn't come up for me either. "It's a gift."

          best,

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...