Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1632

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Huh? We've sung them as a group, many times. Usually with Ruth Berman
      playing the piano part, at least once with Cathy Parlin, and I think
      some others in different years. I've sung some with guitar chords.
      BUT, I'll admit, we almost always skip "Errantry."

      Similarly, Marion Zimmer Bradley noted that one of the pieces she'd
      written was too difficult, and so she didn't include it when her music
      appeared in _The Middle-earth Song Book_--and I don't think that Klover
      & Davis included that one in their recording as Broceliande (and
      earlier as Avalon Rising).

      On Jul 9, 2004, at 6:15 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > The Swann settings are not really suited for singalongs, and I don't
      > believe I've ever heard anyone try it.
      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.