RE: [mythsoc] Re: Impressed by the books AND the movie trilogy.

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 8, 2004
      I consider the R-B version a "comedy." The version of "The Hobbit" with
      "Where There's a Whip <crack!> There's a Way" is embarrasingly bad.-djb >>

      I love that song (don't I, James?), but I like the LOTR cartoon better. I
      guess I'm just a goof.

      I did see a DVD version of The Hobbit at Wal-Mart and almost bought it. It
      is probably much clearer than those old tapes, but I was already loaded up
      with other stuff (including Lost in Translation, which I hope to see this
      summer, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, with lots of extras).

      So, if anyone needs it, go to Wally World. ;-p

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 13, 2004
        From: "Ginger McElwee" <gingermc@...>

        >I am looking forward to Mythcon because I have been reading Tolkien and
        >other fantasy since I was in high school is the 60's, and I think this
        >will be the first time I have ever been able to meet with other people
        >who share my passion. For the same reason I enjoy even the
        >disagreements you have with each other. I appreciate the fact that
        >someone else shares my interests enough to want to talk about them.

        Hey, great! I'll try to remember to look you up at Mythcon. They moved
        our papers (mine and David Bratman's) from Monday morning to Friday
        afternoon so we'll be there early for sure.

        Berni