Re: Impressed by the books AND the movie trilogy.

  • karlstar2
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 7, 2004
      >Me neither. I really expected to hate the movies, and I rather liked
      >them.
      >They weren't perfect, but in my little universe, movies are such a
      sad
      >second to a book anyway, that these were no worse than any other, and
      better than many.

      >Then again, I like the Rankin-Bass version, too.

      Ack! Lizzie, if I didn't know you better, I'd say that was a blatant
      attempt at trolling!

      By the way folks, Lizzie invited me to join the list, and I've been
      enjoying the messages. That R-B version of Return of the King is
      just horrible!

      Jim

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
      <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:

      > Can't wait for the extended version of "Return of the King"!
      >
      > -Leelan Lampkins >>
      >

      > Me neither. I really expected to hate the movies, and I rather
      liked them.
      > They weren't perfect, but in my little universe, movies are such a
      sad
      > second to a book anyway, that these were no worse than any other,
      and
      > better than many.
      >
      > Then again, I like the Rankin-Bass version, too.
      >

      > Lizzie
      >
      > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      > lizziewriter@e...
      > amor vincit omnia
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 13, 2004
        From: "Ginger McElwee" <gingermc@...>

        >I am looking forward to Mythcon because I have been reading Tolkien and
        >other fantasy since I was in high school is the 60's, and I think this
        >will be the first time I have ever been able to meet with other people
        >who share my passion. For the same reason I enjoy even the
        >disagreements you have with each other. I appreciate the fact that
        >someone else shares my interests enough to want to talk about them.

        Hey, great! I'll try to remember to look you up at Mythcon. They moved
        our papers (mine and David Bratman's) from Monday morning to Friday
        afternoon so we'll be there early for sure.

        Berni