Paul Hazel

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
      So, as I was unpacking the box that had been stashed farthest deep in the
      hot attic, I got a rude surprise. I thought that I had had two books from
      a Guy Gavriel Kay trilogy, and recently (well, last year or so) got the
      middle book, and was all set to read it now, although with some
      trepidation, given the discussions here lately about GGK. But lo and
      behold, the two books I have are Paul Hazel's Yearwood and Winterking. The
      missing book is still Undersea. This book is out of print (but available
      used, which is fine), and there are reviews for the first on amazon but not
      the second. Is anyone familiar with this trilogy and want to say anything
      about it?

      thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
        From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>

        > So, as I was unpacking the box that had been stashed farthest deep in the
        > hot attic, I got a rude surprise. I thought that I had had two books from
        > a Guy Gavriel Kay trilogy, and recently (well, last year or so) got the
        > middle book, and was all set to read it now, although with some
        > trepidation, given the discussions here lately about GGK. But lo and
        > behold, the two books I have are Paul Hazel's Yearwood and Winterking.
        The
        > missing book is still Undersea. This book is out of print (but available
        > used, which is fine), and there are reviews for the first on amazon but
        not
        > the second. Is anyone familiar with this trilogy and want to say anything
        > about it?

        I had sought the books out because a friend whose opinion I respect liked
        them a lot. They didn't do it for me. The first book was okay but didn't
        melt my Velveeta[tm]. I stopped reading the second book and have no plan to
        read the third.

        If you want to send me your snail mail address privately and a reminder
        which book you're missing, we might be able to persuade Mr. B. to mail it
        off to you.

        Berni