RE: [mythsoc] Impressed by the books AND the movie trilogy.

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 7, 2004
      Can't wait for the extended version of "Return of the King"!

      -Leelan Lampkins >>

      Me neither. I really expected to hate the movies, and I rather liked them.
      They weren't perfect, but in my little universe, movies are such a sad
      second to a book anyway, that these were no worse than any other, and
      better than many.

      Then again, I like the Rankin-Bass version, too.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 13, 2004
        From: "Ginger McElwee" <gingermc@...>

        >I am looking forward to Mythcon because I have been reading Tolkien and
        >other fantasy since I was in high school is the 60's, and I think this
        >will be the first time I have ever been able to meet with other people
        >who share my passion. For the same reason I enjoy even the
        >disagreements you have with each other. I appreciate the fact that
        >someone else shares my interests enough to want to talk about them.

        Hey, great! I'll try to remember to look you up at Mythcon. They moved
        our papers (mine and David Bratman's) from Monday morning to Friday
        afternoon so we'll be there early for sure.

        Berni