Re: [mythsoc] Re: JRRT Companion and Guide

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6 5:18 PM
      From: "regisdanilo" <keith@...>

      > Olaf

      Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the Darkover
      books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is about Regis
      and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)

      Berni
    • regisdanilo
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 8 2:41 PM
        you´re right. HERITAGE OF HASTUR was the inspiration for that name!

        olaf aka regisdanilo

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Berni Phillips" <bernip@i...> wrote:

        > From: "regisdanilo" <keith@u...>
        >

        > > Olaf
        >
        > Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the
        Darkover
        > books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is
        about Regis
        > and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)
        >
        > Berni
      • regisdanilo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9 9:47 AM
          I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
          online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
          companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
          only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

          Olaf

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "regisdanilo" <keith@u...> wrote:
          > Thanks for the Update!
          >
          > Olaf
          >

          > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"
          > <Wayne.G.Hammond@w...> wrote:
          > > Olaf wrote:
          > >
          > > >Just a short question:
          > > >
          > > >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That
          is
          > > >what Amazon Uk claims.
          > >
          > > Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have
          come
          > and gone
          > > for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than
          expected
          > > (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger
          as we
          > found
          > > more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then
          by
          > other
          > > things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May
          2005
          > as a
          > > new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had
          > something
          > > official from HarperCollins.
          > >
          > > Wayne Hammond
        • Wayne G. Hammond
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9 12:37 PM
            Olaf wrote:

            >I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
            >online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
            >companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
            >only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

            The US edition is necessarily delayed as well, since it and the UK edition
            will be printed at the same time. But I've yet to learn Houghton Mifflin's
            new publication date. October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
            one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far as I
            know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other Essays_,
            compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

            Wayne
          • regisdanilo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 11 4:11 AM
              Wayne wrote:
              October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
              > one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far
              as I
              > know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other
              Essays_,
              > compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

              Does anyone know what the Andersn/Burns book will contain? Is there
              a ToC available anywhere?

              Olaf