Re: JRRT Companion and Guide

  • regisdanilo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2004
      Thanks for the Update!

      Olaf

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"
      <Wayne.G.Hammond@w...> wrote:
      > Olaf wrote:
      >
      > >Just a short question:
      > >
      > >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That is
      > >what Amazon Uk claims.
      >
      > Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have come
      and gone
      > for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than expected
      > (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger as we
      found
      > more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then by
      other
      > things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May 2005
      as a
      > new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had
      something
      > official from HarperCollins.
      >
      > Wayne Hammond
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2004
        From: "regisdanilo" <keith@...>

        > Olaf

        Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the Darkover
        books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is about Regis
        and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)

        Berni
      • regisdanilo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2004
          you´re right. HERITAGE OF HASTUR was the inspiration for that name!

          olaf aka regisdanilo

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Berni Phillips" <bernip@i...> wrote:

          > From: "regisdanilo" <keith@u...>
          >

          > > Olaf
          >
          > Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the
          Darkover
          > books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is
          about Regis
          > and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)
          >
          > Berni
        • regisdanilo
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2004
            I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
            online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
            companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
            only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

            Olaf

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "regisdanilo" <keith@u...> wrote:
            > Thanks for the Update!
            >
            > Olaf
            >

            > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"
            > <Wayne.G.Hammond@w...> wrote:
            > > Olaf wrote:
            > >
            > > >Just a short question:
            > > >
            > > >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That
            is
            > > >what Amazon Uk claims.
            > >
            > > Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have
            come
            > and gone
            > > for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than
            expected
            > > (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger
            as we
            > found
            > > more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then
            by
            > other
            > > things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May
            2005
            > as a
            > > new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had
            > something
            > > official from HarperCollins.
            > >
            > > Wayne Hammond
          • Wayne G. Hammond
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2004
              Olaf wrote:

              >I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
              >online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
              >companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
              >only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

              The US edition is necessarily delayed as well, since it and the UK edition
              will be printed at the same time. But I've yet to learn Houghton Mifflin's
              new publication date. October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
              one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far as I
              know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other Essays_,
              compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

              Wayne
            • regisdanilo
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 11, 2004
                Wayne wrote:
                October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
                > one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far
                as I
                > know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other
                Essays_,
                > compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

                Does anyone know what the Andersn/Burns book will contain? Is there
                a ToC available anywhere?

                Olaf