JRRT Companion and Guide

  • regisdanilo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2004
      Just a short question:

      Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That is
      what Amazon Uk claims.

      Olaf
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2004
        Olaf wrote:

        >Just a short question:
        >
        >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That is
        >what Amazon Uk claims.

        Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have come and gone
        for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than expected
        (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger as we found
        more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then by other
        things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May 2005 as a
        new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had something
        official from HarperCollins.

        Wayne Hammond
      • regisdanilo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2004
          Thanks for the Update!

          Olaf

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"
          <Wayne.G.Hammond@w...> wrote:
          > Olaf wrote:
          >
          > >Just a short question:
          > >
          > >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That is
          > >what Amazon Uk claims.
          >
          > Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have come
          and gone
          > for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than expected
          > (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger as we
          found
          > more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then by
          other
          > things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May 2005
          as a
          > new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had
          something
          > official from HarperCollins.
          >
          > Wayne Hammond
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2004
            From: "regisdanilo" <keith@...>

            > Olaf

            Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the Darkover
            books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is about Regis
            and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)

            Berni
          • regisdanilo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2004
              you´re right. HERITAGE OF HASTUR was the inspiration for that name!

              olaf aka regisdanilo

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Berni Phillips" <bernip@i...> wrote:

              > From: "regisdanilo" <keith@u...>
              >

              > > Olaf
              >
              > Okay, I have to ask: Darkover fan? (I'm re-reading some of the
              Darkover
              > books. I'm currently reading _The Heritage of Hastur_, which is
              about Regis
              > and Danilo, so you can figure out the rest.)
              >
              > Berni
            • regisdanilo
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2004
                I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
                online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
                companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
                only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

                Olaf

                --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "regisdanilo" <keith@u...> wrote:
                > Thanks for the Update!
                >
                > Olaf
                >

                > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"
                > <Wayne.G.Hammond@w...> wrote:
                > > Olaf wrote:
                > >
                > > >Just a short question:
                > > >
                > > >Has the JRRT companion and guide be delayed to mid-2005? That
                is
                > > >what Amazon Uk claims.
                > >
                > > Christina and I are sorry that several publication dates have
                come
                > and gone
                > > for this. The book has proved to be a great deal more work than
                expected
                > > (it was originally to be a single volume, but grew much bigger
                as we
                > found
                > > more and more material), and we've been sidetracked now and then
                by
                > other
                > > things more immediately pressing. We've not been told of 30 May
                2005
                > as a
                > > new U.K. date of publication, but trust that Amazon U.K. has had
                > something
                > > official from HarperCollins.
                > >
                > > Wayne Hammond
              • Wayne G. Hammond
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2004
                  Olaf wrote:

                  >I just had a look at the newest catalogue from Houghton Mifflin
                  >online at http://www.lordoftheringstrilogy.com They still list the
                  >companion and guide as forthcoming in October. Is that correct? Will
                  >only the UK edition be delayed to next year?

                  The US edition is necessarily delayed as well, since it and the UK edition
                  will be printed at the same time. But I've yet to learn Houghton Mifflin's
                  new publication date. October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
                  one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far as I
                  know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other Essays_,
                  compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

                  Wayne
                • regisdanilo
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 11, 2004
                    Wayne wrote:
                    October is still on, though, for the Houghton Mifflin
                    > one-volume 50th anniversary _Lord of the Rings_, and also (as far
                    as I
                    > know) for _J.R.R. Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other
                    Essays_,
                    > compiled by Douglas A. Anderson and Marjorie J. Burns.

                    Does anyone know what the Andersn/Burns book will contain? Is there
                    a ToC available anywhere?

                    Olaf