Re: [mythsoc] Out of lurkdom into the light

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 4:40 PM
      Hello, Pat - nice to see you here.

      At 12:44 PM 7/3/2004 -0700, Pat Witham wrote:

      >My favorite authors are Dorothy Dunnett, JRR
      >Tolkien, Patricia McKillip, Diana Wynne Jones, and Dorothy
      >Sayers.

      Four of those five are favorites of mine also (I don't much care for
      Dunnett), and you're responsible for pointing me to my favorite book by one
      of them, DWJ's _Fire and Hemlock_.

      >I picked up years ago a jigsaw puzzle of JRR Tolkien I'm
      >getting rid of. Does anyone on the list want it before I
      >take it to Goodwill?

      The Mythcon Auction wants it. If you're not going, I can take it: let's
      arrange to meet. If you're not coming up my way, I might be going down yours.

      - David Bratman
    • Pat Witham
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3 6:45 PM
        That sound great, David. Would it be OK if I mail it? I
        don't have a functioning car for now?

        Sponsor --------------------~-->

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 9:23 AM
          Welcome to the list! Hope you'll come back from lurkdom more often. Would
          love to have some insights on your fave authors on list.

          Off-list I also invite you to join Butterbur's Woodshed; it's a good time,
          as we'll be reading William Morris for September, and have some other good
          authors on tap, like Caroline Stevermer, Guy Gavriel Kay and Gene Wolfe.
          It's possible to participate, even if you don't have a car. ---djb (A
          Non-driver; content editor for Butterbur's Woodshed, the ongoing Mythopoeic
          Society APA for Adult Fantasy).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6 6:42 AM
            Hey, see if there's someone near you on the list who's going to Mythcon
            -- it can be auctioned at the Society Auction!

            Janet (one of the other librarians...)

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6 6:45 AM
              Well, that goes to show one should read ALL email before answering
              anything...

              Janet