Re: [mythsoc] Re: HP3 question w/ Spoiler answer

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      In a message dated 7/1/2004 8:55:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bowring@...
      writes:

      > I thought I'd seen him on PBS or
      > something.

      Quite possibly you did if what you were watching was a British TV series
      being shown on PBS. He's done a lot of British TV. In _Hamlet_ he was
      Rosencrantz. He was the father in _Life is Sweet_ and the photographer who is the
      brother of the lead character in _Secrets and Lies_.

    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
        I have been a fan of Spall since I saw him in a movie that was on
        Masterpiece Theater called "Shooting the Past" he played an eccentric
        curator of a photographic museum collection. I have been finding him in
        performances ever since. He is probably one of the ablest british character
        actors living today. Few people know him but he was in Last Samurai with
        Tom Cruise, also Vanillia Sky. He's got a part in the Series of Unfortunate
        Events movies with Jim Carrey. I won't even try to list is British
        performances but he is listed on Internet Movie Data Base (available by
        googling IMDB). The reason he was mentioned was probably because of the odd
        cult following he has here in the States

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
          << Timothy Spall played Peter Pettigrew (aka Scabbers).
          I don't know the significance of "late cameo" *shrugs* >>

          Thanks, Annette. The words are mine... they used more words, something
          along the lines of a late, repulsive appearance. It all makes sense now.

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia