Re: HP3 question w/ Spoiler answer

  • Annette Israel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      Timothy Spall played Peter Pettigrew (aka Scabbers).
      I don't know the significance of "late cameo" *shrugs*

      for a picture and his acting credits, try The Internet Movie
      Database -- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001758/

      Annette

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
      <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:
      > I have seen the Azkaban movie once, but only once. It is a nice
      movie,
      > imo. I liked it. I was just skimming the New York Times review
      as I lined
      > the guinea pig's cage with newspapers... at the very end it
      mentions a late
      > cameo by Timothy Spall. Who is he and what was that all about? I
      suspect
      > this could be spoiler material so could whoever answers please put
      the
      > usual extra lines up top. Thanks,
      >
      > Lizzie
      >

      > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      > lizziewriter@e...
      > amor vincit omnia
    • bowring
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
        Thanks for passing along the link, Annette. Spall has a long list of movie
        credits, to be sure, but I have only seen him in Branagh's Hamlet--so now I
        know why he looked so familiar in HP3! I thought I'd seen him on PBS or
        something.

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
          In a message dated 7/1/2004 8:55:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bowring@...
          writes:

          > I thought I'd seen him on PBS or
          > something.

          Quite possibly you did if what you were watching was a British TV series
          being shown on PBS. He's done a lot of British TV. In _Hamlet_ he was
          Rosencrantz. He was the father in _Life is Sweet_ and the photographer who is the
          brother of the lead character in _Secrets and Lies_.

        • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
            I have been a fan of Spall since I saw him in a movie that was on
            Masterpiece Theater called "Shooting the Past" he played an eccentric
            curator of a photographic museum collection. I have been finding him in
            performances ever since. He is probably one of the ablest british character
            actors living today. Few people know him but he was in Last Samurai with
            Tom Cruise, also Vanillia Sky. He's got a part in the Series of Unfortunate
            Events movies with Jim Carrey. I won't even try to list is British
            performances but he is listed on Internet Movie Data Base (available by
            googling IMDB). The reason he was mentioned was probably because of the odd
            cult following he has here in the States

          • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
              << Timothy Spall played Peter Pettigrew (aka Scabbers).
              I don't know the significance of "late cameo" *shrugs* >>

              Thanks, Annette. The words are mine... they used more words, something
              along the lines of a late, repulsive appearance. It all makes sense now.

              Lizzie

              Elizabeth Apgar Triano
              lizziewriter@...
              amor vincit omnia