HP3 question w/ Spoiler answer

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      I have seen the Azkaban movie once, but only once. It is a nice movie,
      imo. I liked it. I was just skimming the New York Times review as I lined
      the guinea pig's cage with newspapers... at the very end it mentions a late
      cameo by Timothy Spall. Who is he and what was that all about? I suspect
      this could be spoiler material so could whoever answers please put the
      usual extra lines up top. Thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Annette Israel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
        Timothy Spall played Peter Pettigrew (aka Scabbers).
        I don't know the significance of "late cameo" *shrugs*

        for a picture and his acting credits, try The Internet Movie
        Database -- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001758/

        Annette

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
        <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:
        > I have seen the Azkaban movie once, but only once. It is a nice
        movie,
        > imo. I liked it. I was just skimming the New York Times review
        as I lined
        > the guinea pig's cage with newspapers... at the very end it
        mentions a late
        > cameo by Timothy Spall. Who is he and what was that all about? I
        suspect
        > this could be spoiler material so could whoever answers please put
        the
        > usual extra lines up top. Thanks,
        >
        > Lizzie
        >

        > Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        > lizziewriter@e...
        > amor vincit omnia
      • bowring
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
          Thanks for passing along the link, Annette. Spall has a long list of movie
          credits, to be sure, but I have only seen him in Branagh's Hamlet--so now I
          know why he looked so familiar in HP3! I thought I'd seen him on PBS or
          something.

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
            In a message dated 7/1/2004 8:55:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bowring@...
            writes:

            > I thought I'd seen him on PBS or
            > something.

            Quite possibly you did if what you were watching was a British TV series
            being shown on PBS. He's done a lot of British TV. In _Hamlet_ he was
            Rosencrantz. He was the father in _Life is Sweet_ and the photographer who is the
            brother of the lead character in _Secrets and Lies_.

          • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
              I have been a fan of Spall since I saw him in a movie that was on
              Masterpiece Theater called "Shooting the Past" he played an eccentric
              curator of a photographic museum collection. I have been finding him in
              performances ever since. He is probably one of the ablest british character
              actors living today. Few people know him but he was in Last Samurai with
              Tom Cruise, also Vanillia Sky. He's got a part in the Series of Unfortunate
              Events movies with Jim Carrey. I won't even try to list is British
              performances but he is listed on Internet Movie Data Base (available by
              googling IMDB). The reason he was mentioned was probably because of the odd
              cult following he has here in the States

            • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
                << Timothy Spall played Peter Pettigrew (aka Scabbers).
                I don't know the significance of "late cameo" *shrugs* >>

                Thanks, Annette. The words are mine... they used more words, something
                along the lines of a late, repulsive appearance. It all makes sense now.

                Lizzie

                Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                lizziewriter@...
                amor vincit omnia