Re: [mythsoc] If you're up to =here= with movie special effects...

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2004
      Oh, and speaking of stupid writing, I generally loved INDEPENDENCE DAY, and
      Will Smith not least. But when he gets into a totally alien spaceship and
      jimmies their totally alien computer???? GMAB!!!! Suspension of disbelief
      leapt right out the window.>>

      Oh, Diamond, I missed that part. I only saw a chunk out of the middle. I
      liked "Welcome to Earth." POW.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
        You know two things about that. First If you watch the extended DVD. there
        is a thirty second scene in which he explains that he reverse engineered the
        aliens program using the ship so the computer wasn't communicting, he was
        using the computer to run the ships systems. I explained it badly but the
        story makes more sense if you watch it. Second, I have a group of about
        nine cllose friends I saw that movie with, almost all of which are PC users.
        We have one person that uses an Apple Computer. We spent the rest of the
        summer joking with him by saying we always suspected the Apple was really
        the Vanguard of ALien invaders, and now we knew
        Oh, and speaking of stupid writing, I generally loved INDEPENDENCE DAY,
        and
        Will Smith not least. But when he gets into a totally alien spaceship and
        jimmies their totally alien computer???? GMAB!!!! Suspension of disbelief
        leapt right out the window.>>

        Oh, Diamond, I missed that part. I only saw a chunk out of the middle. I
        liked "Welcome to Earth." POW.

        Lizzie

        Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...