more flicks WAS Re: Re: [mythsoc] Mythopoeia and WAS RE: Christian fantasy

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2004
      <<
      I don't think it was the movie David was referring to, but the classic
      example would be Eric Rohmer's _Ma nuit chez Maude_, where a man and a
      woman who are
      reasonably attracted to each other actually spend the night in bed
      together´┐Ż
      and nothing of a sexual nature happens.
      Alexei >>

      Thank you, Alexei. This one completely does not come up on amazon dot com.
      Why am I not surprised? My first thought, though, is that at last, we have
      a glimpse into the younger years of the Maude in "Harold and Maude."

      Any ideas where I can catch this movie?

      thanks,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2004
        In a message dated 6/26/2004 3:05:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        lizziewriter@... writes:

        > This one completely does not come up on amazon dot com.

        Oh, come on, Lizzie. You can learn how to search for things. You don't
        start with Amazon when you search for a movie. You start with the Internet Movie
        Database. You enter "Ma Nuit chez Maude" (and it doesn't matter that Maude is
        a misspelling, since it's actually Maud) and you find that the English title
        is "My Night at Maud's". You look at the "Shop for this film" square in the
        upper-right-hand corner and you find that Amazon has this film both in VHS and
        DVD. Amazon doesn't generally list films by their foreign-language title,
        only by their English-language title. It doesn't matter though since there is a
        direct link from the IMDb page to the Amazon page to buy the film.

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2004
          << Oh, come on, Lizzie. You can learn how to search for things.>>

          Thank you, Wendell. I love you, too. Off I go, then.

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia