Shameless self-promotion

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
      "War and the Works of JRR Tolkien" is out! I just got my copies of it
      yesterday, so Amazon and B&N should get it soon. Gosh, it's like
      wanting to show baby pictures and hand out cigars!

      Janet Brennan Croft

    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
        _Eglerio!_ Congrats! Can't wait to read it!

        Anyone wanting to order the book and wishing also to help support the
        Society should order the book through the MythSoc's Amazon Associate
        link (which gives a small percentage "kickback" to the Society):

        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0313325928/mythopoeicsociet

        Carl

        P.S. Janet, I hope the "Smith of Wooten" in the blurb on the Amazon
        page has been caught and corrected by the publisher in its promotional
        literature...

        On Jun 23, 2004, at 9:45 AM, Croft, Janet B. wrote:

        > "War and the Works of JRR Tolkien" is out! I just got my copies of it
        > yesterday, so Amazon and B&N should get it soon. Gosh, it's like
        > wanting to show baby pictures and hand out cigars!
        >
        > Janet Brennan Croft
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
          Haven't they corrected that YET??? Aurgh! They promised they would!

          And yes, give the Society a kickback!

          Janet

          _Eglerio!_ Congrats! Can't wait to read it!

          Anyone wanting to order the book and wishing also to help support the
          Society should order the book through the MythSoc's Amazon Associate
          link (which gives a small percentage "kickback" to the Society):

          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0313325928/mythopoeicsociet

          Carl

          P.S. Janet, I hope the "Smith of Wooten" in the blurb on the Amazon
          page has been caught and corrected by the publisher in its promotional
          literature...

          On Jun 23, 2004, at 9:45 AM, Croft, Janet B. wrote:

          > "War and the Works of JRR Tolkien" is out! I just got my copies of it
          > yesterday, so Amazon and B&N should get it soon. Gosh, it's like
          > wanting to show baby pictures and hand out cigars!
          >
          > Janet Brennan Croft

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Carl F. Hostetter
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
            While were at it, I'd like to make note of the recent publication of
            the inaugural volume of a new annual, _Tolkien Studies_, with a
            collection of essays by most of the (as one reviewer put it) "usual
            suspects". (My own contribution to the volume is an edition of
            Tolkien's Middle English version of _Sir Orfeo_ of 1944. This is not
            the English translation he made that has long been available, but his
            own version of the Middle English original, and which seems to have
            formed the basis for his translation.)

            For more information on the volume, see:

            http://wvupress.as.wvu.edu/tolkien.html

            To order the book with a MythSoc kickback, use:

            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0937058874/mythopoeicsociet

            | |
            | Ars longa, vita brevis. |

          • Croft, Janet B.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
              Got my subscription in already for the first three years -- looking
              forward to getting the first volume!

              Janet

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
                Congratulations, Janet! I know exactly how you feel. Have a cigar on
                me. *grin*

                Cheers,
                Anne
                acp@...

                --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@o...>
                wrote:
                > "War and the Works of JRR Tolkien" is out! I just got my copies of
                it
                > yesterday, so Amazon and B&N should get it soon. Gosh, it's like
                > wanting to show baby pictures and hand out cigars!
                >

                > Janet Brennan Croft

              • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 23, 2004
                  Mazal Tov! Congrats! Slap on the back! May you make many sales!

                  It is a little easier than labor, but takes years longer.

                  Mythically yours,
                  Lisa