Robert Jordan

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2004
      This one's specially for you, DavidB

      www.sluggy.com is a strip which takes a lot of explaining, too much really, for those who came in late. Still, I cannot forbear from quoting this dialogue between hero Torg, his friend Zoe, and a rather mouthy talking sword. They've all landed up (I =think=) in a parallel universe just now:

      Sword: "Perhaps a better question: if you were to tear up the final chapter of a book, would the story go on forever?"

      Torg: "I guess it depends upon the book. Robert Jordan can sure make me =feel= like..."

      Zoe: "BOO-HOO-HOO!"

      Torg: "Zoe, I'm sorry. I didn't know they had Robert Jordan books here too."

      Zoe: "No... it's not that!"

      Diamond Proudbrook

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2007
        Robert Jordan just died. He was 58 (same age as Roger Zelazny and Charles
        Williams), and had been ill for the last year.

        He leaves the 12th and (he kept promising) last book of The Wheel of Time
        sequence unfinished; his wife & his publisher get to decide what happens to it.