Re: Re: [mythsoc] Mythopoeia and Religion and Belief

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 21, 2004
      In a message dated 6/21/4 12:13:47 AM, JT Heyman wrote:

      <<But "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" did unite many of his
      earlier Dunsanian tales under one roof and I'd enjoy commentary from the
      list about them, if you have the time and inclination, even if just to
      prove to me that they really *aren't* mythopoeic.

      I've always felt the same kind of thrill from "The Dream Quest of Unknown
      Kadath" that I get from works that we all generally agree are "mythopoeic". I
      think it's significant that it's the only one of Lovecraft's works I know of that
      has a fully eucatastrophic resolution, despite the fact that it incorporates
      many of his familiar "horror" characters.
      Alexei