RE: [mythsoc] OT That Panda punchline book

  • A.R. Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
      >I will have to go back and look at the dedication. I did read all the
      >beginning stuff: the foreword, introduction, whatever it had. There was
      >quite a bit. I thought it was so funny at first, but as I read on (I am up
      >to the hyphen section now), there has been more and more of little things
      >that I found irritating. Could be me. Could be that this is one of those
      >books best read in small bits, for example, in the bathroom. I'm reading
      >it straight through, like a novel. It's funny, but insofar as the long
      >haul is concerned, CQY's Saint-Germain is more satisfying.
      >
      >It's still a nifto thing to be on the summertime best-seller lists. Good
      >for us all, like cod liver oil or something.
      >
      >Lizzie
      >
      >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      >lizziewriter@...
      >amor vincit omnia

      Yes, it is hard to read straight through. I have read the chapters on colons
      and semicolons, since that interested me, and found it interesting and
      helpful. I am a stickler for things like that. I like using colons and
      semicolons, but find that most people don't like them and shrink from them.
      Oh, well. Good book anyway.

      A.R.V.

      �An artist without ideas is a mendicant; barren, he goes begging among the
      hours.�
      �-The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

      Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up � now 3 months FREE!