RE: [mythsoc] OT That Panda punchline book

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
      Yes, I have seen the book, and read parts of it. It is wonderful! And so
      funny! Did you see the dedication? I thought that was the best part. Very
      smart book. I love it.

      A.R. Veldhuis >>

      I will have to go back and look at the dedication. I did read all the
      beginning stuff: the foreword, introduction, whatever it had. There was
      quite a bit. I thought it was so funny at first, but as I read on (I am up
      to the hyphen section now), there has been more and more of little things
      that I found irritating. Could be me. Could be that this is one of those
      books best read in small bits, for example, in the bathroom. I'm reading
      it straight through, like a novel. It's funny, but insofar as the long
      haul is concerned, CQY's Saint-Germain is more satisfying.

      It's still a nifto thing to be on the summertime best-seller lists. Good
      for us all, like cod liver oil or something.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • A.R. Veldhuis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
        >I will have to go back and look at the dedication. I did read all the
        >beginning stuff: the foreword, introduction, whatever it had. There was
        >quite a bit. I thought it was so funny at first, but as I read on (I am up
        >to the hyphen section now), there has been more and more of little things
        >that I found irritating. Could be me. Could be that this is one of those
        >books best read in small bits, for example, in the bathroom. I'm reading
        >it straight through, like a novel. It's funny, but insofar as the long
        >haul is concerned, CQY's Saint-Germain is more satisfying.
        >
        >It's still a nifto thing to be on the summertime best-seller lists. Good
        >for us all, like cod liver oil or something.
        >
        >Lizzie
        >
        >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        >lizziewriter@...
        >amor vincit omnia

        Yes, it is hard to read straight through. I have read the chapters on colons
        and semicolons, since that interested me, and found it interesting and
        helpful. I am a stickler for things like that. I like using colons and
        semicolons, but find that most people don't like them and shrink from them.
        Oh, well. Good book anyway.

        A.R.V.

        �An artist without ideas is a mendicant; barren, he goes begging among the
        hours.�
        �-The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

        Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up � now 3 months FREE!