Re: [mythsoc] McKinley question

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11, 2004
      Re-read the review. Notice that the 2nd paragraph uses the female pronoun.
      The
      only instance of the male pronoun is in the last paragraph where it is in
      reference to the male vampire. Even within that paragraph, Sherwood refers
      McKinley as she. >>

      OK OK My sloppy reading. Thanks, I will reread.

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • alexeik@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 11, 2004
        In a message dated 6/11/4 1:30:54 PM, Lizzie Triano wrote:

        <<> Robin McKinley is a male author?

        Female, I believe. >>

        thanks, Lisa. I always thought so too, the books sure seemed sympa to the
        female viewpoint. But the latest Mythprint has a review of one of his/her
        books, and uses the male pronoun. Anyone know for sure ?

        Well, having met her in person, I'm pretty sure she's female. :-)
        I believe she's married to Peter Dickinson (the Y/A fantasy author) and lives
        in England.
        Alexei
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 14, 2004
          Sherwood captured the reasons why I enjoyed *Sunshine*---however, I *do*
          wish *Lost Steersman* had at least made the final five. ---djb