OT That Panda punchline book

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
      So have most of you curmudgeons read _Eats Shoots and Leaves_? (or is that
      _Eats, Shoots and Leaves_?)

      What a riot!

      (It's about punctuation, for those who haven't seen it around yet.)

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • A.R. Veldhuis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2004
        Yes, I have seen the book, and read parts of it. It is wonderful! And so
        funny! Did you see the dedication? I thought that was the best part. Very
        smart book. I love it.

        A.R. Veldhuis

        �An artist without ideas is a mendicant; barren, he goes begging among the
        hours.�
        �-The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

        >From: "Elizabeth Apgar Triano" <lizziewriter@...>
        >To: "Mythsoc" <Mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [mythsoc] OT That Panda punchline book
        >Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:27:35 -0400
        >
        >So have most of you curmudgeons read _Eats Shoots and Leaves_? (or is that
        >_Eats, Shoots and Leaves_?)
        >
        >What a riot!
        >
        >(It's about punctuation, for those who haven't seen it around yet.)
        >
        >Lizzie
        >

        >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        >lizziewriter@...
        >amor vincit omnia

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
          Yes, I have seen the book, and read parts of it. It is wonderful! And so
          funny! Did you see the dedication? I thought that was the best part. Very
          smart book. I love it.

          A.R. Veldhuis >>

          I will have to go back and look at the dedication. I did read all the
          beginning stuff: the foreword, introduction, whatever it had. There was
          quite a bit. I thought it was so funny at first, but as I read on (I am up
          to the hyphen section now), there has been more and more of little things
          that I found irritating. Could be me. Could be that this is one of those
          books best read in small bits, for example, in the bathroom. I'm reading
          it straight through, like a novel. It's funny, but insofar as the long
          haul is concerned, CQY's Saint-Germain is more satisfying.

          It's still a nifto thing to be on the summertime best-seller lists. Good
          for us all, like cod liver oil or something.

          Lizzie

          Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia
        • A.R. Veldhuis
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
            >I will have to go back and look at the dedication. I did read all the
            >beginning stuff: the foreword, introduction, whatever it had. There was
            >quite a bit. I thought it was so funny at first, but as I read on (I am up
            >to the hyphen section now), there has been more and more of little things
            >that I found irritating. Could be me. Could be that this is one of those
            >books best read in small bits, for example, in the bathroom. I'm reading
            >it straight through, like a novel. It's funny, but insofar as the long
            >haul is concerned, CQY's Saint-Germain is more satisfying.
            >
            >It's still a nifto thing to be on the summertime best-seller lists. Good
            >for us all, like cod liver oil or something.
            >
            >Lizzie
            >
            >Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            >lizziewriter@...
            >amor vincit omnia

            Yes, it is hard to read straight through. I have read the chapters on colons
            and semicolons, since that interested me, and found it interesting and
            helpful. I am a stickler for things like that. I like using colons and
            semicolons, but find that most people don't like them and shrink from them.
            Oh, well. Good book anyway.

            A.R.V.

            �An artist without ideas is a mendicant; barren, he goes begging among the
            hours.�
            �-The Agony and the Ecstasy, Irving Stone

            Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up � now 3 months FREE!