vocabulary

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2000
      In a message dated 03/06/2000 11:03:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      << Fenestra.

      If someone offers to defenestrate you, don't accept.

      Ohhhhh, fiiiiiine, I was hoping the French and Welsh came together from
      someplace more exotic, like Breton, but I guess they are both from the Latin.
      how dull.

      Okay, I'll take the bait. Yes I have a dictionary, several, but they are
      buried (someday I Really Must Have one of those dictionary stands).....
      what's "defenestrate"? And I don't suppose "defense" and "defensive" are
      related words. naw.

      Lizzie
    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2009
        >From: Alana <alanajoli@...>
        >
        >There will also always be some young readers for whom LotR becomes how they expand their vocabulary. :)

        Heck, I got my vocabulary expanded by Uncle Scrooge and Flash comics when *I* was a young reader!

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com