Mythcon

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2004
      Lisa reminded us: <<Everyone - Don't forget to bring your $$$. We accept
      cash, checks and
      traveler's checks (and Paypal if you really blew it). >>

      *sigh* It's coming soon, isn't it? Have a good time, everyone! Do some
      shopping for me! lol

      Bridges. !! I want to see some papers on the subject !! :-)

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
        Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
        is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

        David Lenander
        d-lena@...
        2095 Hamline Ave. N.
        Roseville, MN 55113
        651-292-8887
      • Matthew Winslow
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
          David Lenander [d-lena@...] wrote:
          > Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
          > is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
          > http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

          I especially liked this line: 'we took a 4 hour fairy ride across Lake
          Michigan so we didn't have to go around'.

          A most appropriate mode of transportation for getting to/from a Mythcon, I'd
          say.

          "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
          clothes."
          --Desiderius Erasmus
          Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson
        • dianejoy@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 5, 2004
            > Incidentally, Claire posted her Mythcon report to her blog-- Here it
            > is--I guess I've never really looked at it before...
            > http://www.livejournal.com/users/green_griffin1/

            >>I especially liked this line: 'we took a 4 hour fairy ride across Lake
            >>Michigan so we didn't have to go around'.

            >>>A most appropriate mode of transportation for getting to/from a Mythcon,
            >>>I'd say.

            I liked that line myself. Neat to see Mythcon from a youngling's POV.---djb

            "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
            clothes."
            --Desiderius Erasmus
            Currently reading: Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • Carol Mitchell
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
              Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
              Thanks
              Carol

              Carol Mitchell listowner costumemidwest@yahoogroups.com
              Come to the Chicagoland Costumer's Guild Halloween costume party/Anniversary celebration in Mount Prospect, IL 11/2/03 www.chicostume.org
              We are running the masquerade(costume contest) at Windycon November 7-9 in Schaumburg. There will be two costume parties, one with an alien theme, one with a prize for silliest hat. www.windycon.org

            • mkkare
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 26, 2004
                --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Carol Mitchell <listcost25@y...> wrote:
                > Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?
                > Thanks
                > Carol

                Next year we will be holding Mythcon in conjunction with the UK
                Tolkien Society's Tolkien 2005 celebration. More information is
                available here

                http://www.tolkiensociety.org/2005/about.html

                We're going to be in Seattle in 2006 and Janet wants to do one in
                Oklahoma for 2007.

                MKK
              • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 27, 2004
                  Hi Carol -

                  As Mary Kay has already told you, we're going to be in Birmingham
                  England next year. There will be several of us doing the
                  WorldCon/TolkienCon (read MythCon) trip, including the Harrigans. Trying
                  to explain to friends why we can't join their organized tour because we
                  are doing TWO cons in August is fun <g>.

                  Watch this list for further information as people get their plans firmed up.

                  Mythically yours,
                  Lisa

                  Carol Mitchell wrote:

                  >Could someone please tell me when and where Mythcon 2005 will be?

                • Stolzi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
                    Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
                    Masquerade!

                    Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

                    Diamond Proudbrook
                  • Croft, Janet B.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 2, 2006
                      I've got it on the schedule -- who wants to be in charge? Don't all
                      stampede at once...

                      Janet

                      Pleez, oh pleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz, Janet, tell us there's going to be a
                      Masquerade!

                      Grace wouldn't let me do it last year....

                      Diamond Proudbrook

                      You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See
                      how.
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

                      Links