RE: [mythsoc] Re: self publishing

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2004
      Thank you, Michael. Welcome back.

      I spent some time on the yahoo self-publishing list, which was very very
      informative. I have ruled out subsidy presses basically because their end
      product is too expensive for the market. The self publishing list
      generates too much volume for me to stay there for now. I would recommend
      it to anyone who is interested in the subject however.

      I did get a lot of helpful information and a couple of readers, and the
      titles of some useful books on the subject. The next one I will be picking
      up has to do with getting an agent. I have some revising to do too.

      best,

      Lizzie

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Michael Martinez
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2004
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Apgar Triano"
        <lizziewriter@e...> wrote:
        > Thank you, Michael. Welcome back.
        >
        > I spent some time on the yahoo self-publishing list, which was
        > very very informative. I have ruled out subsidy presses basically
        > because their end product is too expensive for the market. The
        > self publishing list generates too much volume for me to stay
        > there for now. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested
        > in the subject however.

        I think a lot of people have been hopeful the Internet would change
        the publishing world, but it still comes down to basic marketing. If
        you can get a publishing company to push your book for you, that is
        still the way to go.

        'Nuff said.

        Good luck.
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2004
          There is a discussion on self-publishing going on at
          http://www.nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/ right now -- knowledgeable
          people there with lots of good advice from inside the publishing
          industry.

          Janet

          > I spent some time on the yahoo self-publishing list, which was
          > very very informative. I have ruled out subsidy presses basically
          > because their end product is too expensive for the market. The
          > self publishing list generates too much volume for me to stay
          > there for now. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested
          > in the subject however.

          I think a lot of people have been hopeful the Internet would change
          the publishing world, but it still comes down to basic marketing. If
          you can get a publishing company to push your book for you, that is
          still the way to go.

          'Nuff said.

          Good luck.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2004
            << There is a discussion on self-publishing going on at
            http://www.nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/ right now -- knowledgeable
            people there with lots of good advice from inside the publishing
            industry. >>

            Thanks, Janet. I haven't been there for a while so this is a good reminder
            to check back more often. :-)

            Lizzie

            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...