TROY

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2004
      Saffron Burrows as Andromache... hey wait a minute! Isn't that a Hobbit
      name? :)

      Two nice bows to mythology: Thetis is not a goddess or sea nymph in this
      all-too-human story, =but= she plays her scene wading in a tidal pool, makes
      at least a shot at prophecy, and gives her son a seashell necklace. Also
      Achilles is wounded, if not in the heel and fatally, at least in the
      neighborhood of the Achilles tendon, for starters.

      I kept laughing at the sun's resolute (and miraculous) determination to rise
      in the West - not to mention the llamas which at one point are led through
      Troy's marketplace.

      But on the whole, a not uncreditable bow to the greatest war story of them
      all.

      Diamond Proudbrook
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2004
        In a message dated 5/31/2004 10:25:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > Also
        > Achilles is wounded, if not in the heel and fatally, at least in the
        > neighborhood of the Achilles tendon, for starters.

        And, weirdly, Brad Pitt, who plays Achilles, suffered from Achilles heel
        during the filming of _Troy_.