Re: Mythago Wood RE: [mythsoc] Stewardship vs Dominion and other languagequestions

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2004
      Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:

      > SO What did you think of _Mythago Wood_? I read it some years ago. I
      > found it a little disturbing, but unique. Strange. I think there is a
      > sequel.

      I rather think there are two, actually, but the only one I
      remember (and read) is the first one, LAVONDYSS.

      > It also appeals to my sexist dichotomy theory. It was recommended by a guy
      > friend, who almost drooled over it. There have been a number of instances
      > where our (his and my) opinions on books have been all too easy to classify
      > in a sexist manner.

      That's interesting, because from what I recall of LAVONDYSS (it's
      been quite a while since I read it), it has a female protagonist
      and I suppose is the woman's "journey inward" in the same way
      that MYTHAGO WOOD is the male's. Can anybody who's read it more
      recently or more frequently than I have confirm or deny?

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>