RE: [mythsoc] Duncton Woods (was Le Guin on Wangerin)

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2004
      Message can get overbearing in secular books, too; it's just less
      apparent, because secularity is in the air we breathe; religious matters
      have a definite sense of difference. I still remember reading the first
      *Duncton Woods* book with great pleasure, and found the sequel years later
      (not even knowing there was a sequel). Must get both out and read them.
      Perhaps a good summer reading project. ---djb >>

      I think there is more than just the one sequel. If I find mine I will list
      them.

      And yes, there is programming everywhere. Some stuff is easier to discern
      and thus resist than other stuff. I suspect grousing about American (or
      any) culture isn't a good hobbyhorse to ride here though. ;-)

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia