Re: [mythsoc] Padraig (was more on the vanishing point pen)

  • Christine Howlett
    Message 1 of 12 , May 18, 2004
      Mr. Wangerin is a fellow Lutheran who wrote a column in the Lutheran
      magazine for quite some years. I think he's rather an acquired taste. His
      use of English is a little dramatic (affected?) and certainly doesn't suit
      everyone.
      Christine
      Message 2 of 12 , May 18, 2004
        At 10:27 PM 5/18/2004 -0400, Christine Howlett wrote:
        >Mr. Wangerin is a fellow Lutheran who wrote a column in the Lutheran
        >magazine for quite some years. I think he's rather an acquired taste. His
        >use of English is a little dramatic (affected?) and certainly doesn't suit
        >everyone.

        His manner of thinking is also more than a little affected, and doesn't
        suit everyone either.

        - DB
      • Christine Howlett
        Message 3 of 12 , May 18, 2004
          We Lutherans as a gross generality are so little given to drama or affect
          that we rather prize those who can burst out of the Scandinavian shell. I
          don't care for him myself, but then I dislike people who I feel are trying
          to manipulate my emotions, which I think he does. Charles Williams uses the
          language in a very uncommon, even dramatic, way, but I never feel that he is
          trying to manipulate me.
          Christine

          > At 10:27 PM 5/18/2004 -0400, Christine Howlett wrote:
          > >Mr. Wangerin is a fellow Lutheran who wrote a column in the Lutheran
          > >magazine for quite some years. I think he's rather an acquired taste.
          His
          > >use of English is a little dramatic (affected?) and certainly doesn't
          suit
          > >everyone.
          >
          > His manner of thinking is also more than a little affected, and doesn't
          > suit everyone either.
          >
          > - DB

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 12 , May 19, 2004
            The Book of the Over-Dun Cow. >>

            owwwwwwwwww

            points for you, boyo

            Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia
          • Croft, Janet B.
            Message 5 of 12 , May 19, 2004
              The Book of the Over-Dun Cow.

              - DB

              *snerk*
              Actually, The Book of Sorrows. I remember reading and liking them,
              though they were a bit overdone in places ("Marooooned! Maroooooooned!")
              but never reading them a second time, which says something about them.

              Janet

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Berni Phillips
              Message 6 of 12 , May 19, 2004
                From: "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@...>

                >> The Book of the Over-Dun Cow.

                > Actually, The Book of Sorrows. I remember reading and liking them,
                > though they were a bit overdone in places ("Marooooned! Maroooooooned!")

                Oh, is that what the cows were saying?

                Mooooooving on,
                Berni
              • Croft, Janet B.
                Message 7 of 12 , May 20, 2004
                  That's what Mundi Canis says when trapped in Hell. Over and over again,
                  IIRC. Actually, when my dogs howl at sirens, that's kind of how it
                  sounds.

                  Janet