Antiphonal Athanasian

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2004
      JH: (emerging from lurkersville)...Yeah!!! At our traditional Anglican
      parish the Athanasian Creed is read antiphonally by the congregation on
      Trinity Sunday, and the Lorica (St. Paddie's Breastplate) is sung with ALL
      the verses as the processional hymn. >>

      Excellent!

      Tell me, tell me, how do you read it antiphonally? That sounds like a way
      to stay awake through it, for sure.

      Reading Sayers sounds like a good idea, and more modern than the ancient
      creed.

      Has anyone run into poetry or provisional prayer text on this subject from
      the second half of the 20th century or later ?

      I wonder what Fr. Greeley has to say on the matter.

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia