Re: furniture

  • Katie Glick
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2004

      > The dark words of the Ring (which their text
      > recognizes is "the ultimate symbol of evil") are
      > carved on the pieces, the Ent figure is pretty
      > obviously borrowed from The Movie, and worst of all,
      > there are the Darkness and Light chairs with the
      > Tree, Stars and Crown, carved on the front and the
      > Eye of Sauron on the back.

      That is really odd. They do have a license from New
      Line Cinema to produce Lord of the Rings merchandise,
      so the ents are copied form the movie purposefully and
      legally.

      But they seem to think everyone wants souvenirs of the
      evil in their houses? Kind of creepy ...

      -kt

      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2004
        > The dark words of the Ring (which their text
        > recognizes is "the ultimate symbol of evil") are
        > carved on the pieces, the Ent figure is pretty
        > obviously borrowed from The Movie, and worst of all,
        > there are the Darkness and Light chairs with the
        > Tree, Stars and Crown, carved on the front and the
        > Eye of Sauron on the back.

        I wouldn't touch the thing if it lay by the side of road with a "Free" sign
        on it!

        Steve Gaddis

      • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2004
          I know. I would LOVE to have something based on the elf furniture or the
          Rohan stuff used in the movie. Both are quite lovely. In fact, any
          furniture design used in the movie is really, really nice. I got to see
          some of it the the windows at Neiman Marcus (?) down in LA.

          But what they have designed is TERRIBLE. Everyone thing has the Eye and
          the Verse. Sorry never in my house!

          Mythically yours,
          Lisa

          Katie Glick wrote:

          >>The dark words of the Ring (which their text
          >>recognizes is "the ultimate symbol of evil") are
          >>carved on the pieces, the Ent figure is pretty
          >>obviously borrowed from The Movie, and worst of all,
          >>there are the Darkness and Light chairs with the
          >>Tree, Stars and Crown, carved on the front and the
          >>Eye of Sauron on the back.
          >>

          >That is really odd. They do have a license from New
          >Line Cinema to produce Lord of the Rings merchandise,
          >so the ents are copied form the movie purposefully and
          >legally.
          >
          >But they seem to think everyone wants souvenirs of the
          >evil in their houses? Kind of creepy ...

        • Stolzi
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2004
            There =is= one exception, Lisa - the coffee table.

            Diamond Proudbrook

            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2004
              Ur, don't look now, but see that writing around the edges of the bronze
              map? Looks like the Verse to me.

              Ok, they some how didn't figure out how to get the Eye on that one. At
              least from any angles we can see.

              They do seem fixated on Sauron however. Creepy.

              Mythically yours,
              Lisa

              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2004
                From: Lisa Deutsch Harrigan

                Ur, don't look now, but see that writing around the edges of the bronze
                map? Looks like the Verse to me.

                Ooh, sharp-eyed Lisa.

                I was so relieved to read that it had Gondorian motifs around the edge, not
                the Verse, and a Rohan horse head below, not an Eye or a Ring replica, that
                I didn't look closely at the map.

                Well, there's 2,250 pounds I can spend on something else :)

                Diamond Proudbrook