Re: [mythsoc] Crossdressing heroines and other things that remain

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 17 , May 10, 2004
      juliet@... [juliet@...] wrote:
      > The main Biblical Tamar is one of David's daughters. Her half-brother
      > Amnon lusted after her and tricked her into his bedroom, where he raped
      > her and rejected her. It wasn't her fault, but it certainly is an
      > unpleasant story.

      Don't forget Judah's daughter-in-law, Tamar, concerning whom Onan infamously
      spilled his seed. She also seduced her father-in-law to shame him. (Genesis
      38) The child of that union was Perez, who was one of Jesus's forefathers (cf,
      Ruth 4).

      "People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading."
      --Logan Pearsall Smith
      Currently reading: Shivering World by Kathy Tyers
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 17 , May 12, 2004
        OUCH...how moo-ving. And Udder-worldly. ---djb