Re: [mythsoc] OT pen question multiple post

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2004
      There is one spread which has an old piece of advertising art, very clever,
      with an inkstand and two feather pens in round inkwells, forming the head
      of an Owl - and on the facing page, the advertising rhyme,

      "They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
      The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen." >>

      I don't suppose you have access to a scanner.... ?

      Real old feather pens? How recently were they in use ??

      Gosh doesn't this sound like something from... what is that village in
      Harry Potter where the students get to go shopping ? Not DiagonAlley, but
      the one that's a whole village...

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2004
        Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:

        > Real old feather pens? How recently were they in use ??
        >
        > Gosh doesn't this sound like something from... what is that village in
        > Harry Potter where the students get to go shopping ? Not DiagonAlley, but
        > the one that's a whole village...

        I think you mean Hogsmeade.

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>