Re: [mythsoc] OT pen question multiple post

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2004
      There is one spread which has an old piece of advertising art, very clever,
      with an inkstand and two feather pens in round inkwells, forming the head
      of an Owl - and on the facing page, the advertising rhyme,

      "They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
      The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen." >>

      I don't suppose you have access to a scanner.... ?

      Real old feather pens? How recently were they in use ??

      Gosh doesn't this sound like something from... what is that village in
      Harry Potter where the students get to go shopping ? Not DiagonAlley, but
      the one that's a whole village...

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2004
        Larry said:

        Oh, I don't think its all that much of an advantage, it just makes me want
        to spend more of my hard earned dollars on wonderful pens instead of rent.

        There is that. Oops. Personally I do like having pleasant temptations
        around though. Sometimes one does need the drool factor in one's life.
        Not as many around here, and it's just not the same online. I think a
        gallery of antique jewelry or good art, or art supplies including pens, can
        be as pleasant an experience as a nice garden. Just a different type of
        experience, but not that far unrelated.

        My Namiki Falcon and vanishing point pens came today. The Falcon is OK --
        I think the Waterman Charleston wrote better though. The vp has to wait
        until Mother's Day. The Charleston will have to wait until June, barring
        unexpected windfalls. lol

        Lizzie Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2004
          Elizabeth Apgar Triano wrote:

          > Real old feather pens? How recently were they in use ??
          >
          > Gosh doesn't this sound like something from... what is that village in
          > Harry Potter where the students get to go shopping ? Not DiagonAlley, but
          > the one that's a whole village...

          I think you mean Hogsmeade.

          --Margaret Dean
          <margdean@...>