Re: [mythsoc] Re: Arthur C. Clarke

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2004
      I'm in the fortunate position of having copies of both books at hand to
      consult. The Clarke-Lewis volume has 8 letters by Lewis, 4 of which fall
      into the period (through 1949) that this volume of Lewis's collected
      letters covers. (The other 4 are later.) They are the same as the four
      letters, 3 of them extremely brief, that Joe describes in the collected
      letters volume. I didn't notice any significant differences in transcription.

      Collected Letters doesn't go into Clarke's side of the correspondence
      (though it does describe some other people's letters to Lewis in some
      detail), but is much better at annotating references in Lewis's letters.

      David Bratman