Lost, lost, my precious

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2004
      From an entry from last December on a web journal I happened to come across:

      --

      I was trolling through Amazon looking for books to buy as Christmas presents.
      While reading reviews for Karen Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth, I found the
      following review:

      "OK, but not a substitute for other atlases. I got really, REALLY lost using
      this. I'm not sure who to contact about this, but it's I-27, not I-29, that
      runs through Lubbock."

      The question, "Was this review helpful to you?" was helpfully asked. The answer
      is that it made me laugh. However, having tried to navigate through Texas, the
      microscopic possibility that this was not a joke or a misplaced entry made me
      marvel at the sheer trauma of trying to find Lubbock with maps of Middle Earth.

      There are orcs in both places though, so perhaps LOTR: Weapons and Warfare
      would have been more useful to the reviewer.
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2004
        As they say on another list I frequent, this gets the Early Morning Earl
        Grey Monitor Spew Award...

        Janet (just back from San Antonio myself)

        David Bratman wrote:

        "OK, but not a substitute for other atlases. I got really, REALLY lost
        using
        this. I'm not sure who to contact about this, but it's I-27, not I-29,
        that
        runs through Lubbock."

        The question, "Was this review helpful to you?" was helpfully asked. The
        answer
        is that it made me laugh. However, having tried to navigate through
        Texas, the
        microscopic possibility that this was not a joke or a misplaced entry
        made me
        marvel at the sheer trauma of trying to find Lubbock with maps of Middle
        Earth.

        There are orcs in both places though, so perhaps LOTR: Weapons and
        Warfare
        would have been more useful to the reviewer.

        Yahoo! Groups Links