Re: Digest Number 230

  • MIG ARCHEY
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2000
      Hi there--

      Here's another Lurker rearing from the shadows.

      My brother & I started The Hobbit together when he was
      15 & I was 12 but when his schedule changed I finished
      it alone. I woke my mother up in the dead of night (I
      was supposed to be sleeping too)to tell her tearfully,
      "Fili, Kili and Thorin Oakenshield died." It made a
      Big impression. I've read most of everything else he
      wrote. I still have some of the "Histories" to finish.
      I've sort of been rationing them. I've also read C.S.
      Lewis. But I admit to not having much if any
      experience with the other Inklings.

      In fiction I read more hard SF than fantasy now days.
      I just seem to keep coming across more SF that appeals
      to me. I also tend to find an author and read
      everything they've written before moving on to someone
      else. One writer that I'm working on now is Terry
      Goodkind. Wizard's First Rule, etc. Any suggestions
      are always welcome.

      And--
      Re: On the trail of hobbits?
      Perhaps the author of this article went to the same
      school as some of those filling contracts for NASA. In
      other words, maybe it should read foot instead of
      meter. That happens to be (generally) the actual
      amount involved.

      Mig
      http://im.yahoo.com