Call for Mythcon Panelists

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      We are looking for people to serve on panel discussions at Mythcon.
      These are more informal but just as interesting as the scholarly papers,
      and generally very lively with a lot of audience participation. Here
      are some of the proposed topics, and if you would like to sit on one of
      these panels, or have a proposal for one you would like to moderate,
      please contact me off-list at the e-mail address below.

      Topics for which we have potential moderators:

      C.S. Lewis's non-fiction

      Dorothy Sayers's fiction

      The Female Heroine

      Jackson's Lord of the Rings

      Topics for which we need moderators and panelists:

      Neil Gaiman

      Discussion of Don Williams' Revenge of the DWEMS (last year's play)

      As for non-academic program, we have lined up a clerihew contest and a
      writing workshop, among other events. This is shaping up to be a great
      Mythcon!

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Head of Access Services

      University of Oklahoma

      Bizzell Library NW104

      Norman OK 73019

      405-325-1918

      fax 405-325-7618

      jbcroft@...

      http://libraries.ou.edu/ <http://libraries.ou.edu/>

      <http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/>

      "A scholar is just a library's way of making another library." - Daniel
      Dennett