Re: New Beowulf

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 3, 2000
      ----------
      >From: "David S. Bratman" <dbratman@...>

      >On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 WendellWag@... wrote:

      >> Maybe my testiness about this comes from having a two-year argument in the
      >> letters column of _Amon Hen_ (the Tolkien Society quarterly newsletter) about
      >> the "Englishness" of _The Lord of the Rings_. There are some T. S. members
      >> who think that the appearance of any American voices in a movie version of
      >> the book would be utter heresy.
      >
      >I agree with them!

      Hmmph. Surely they would agree to let Americans voice the orcs!

      Berni
      David Bratman is not responsible for the following message:
      (Just kidding, dear!)
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 3, 2000
        On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Berni Phillips wrote:

        > David Bratman is not responsible for the following message:
        > (Just kidding, dear!)

        What, I _am_ responsible for the following message? <g>

        DB
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 3, 2000
          "David S. Bratman" wrote:

          >and we, in turn, who can remember Silicon Valley
          > before it was called that, and when it was full of orchards, have
          > something over the dot-com weenies.

          David,

          Your comment about the orchards brought back a flood of memories of the
          Santa Clara Valley when it still have more orchards than concrete. I can
          remember looking down over the valley from Skyline or the Saratoga Gap
          and seeing blossoms--plum and apricot--from the Santa Cruz foothills to
          the Mt. Hamilton range.

          Thanks for the jolt to my memory!

          Ted
          --