Re: [mythsoc] Writers and Cons - Mythcon

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      Just out of curiosity, how late can one register for Mythcon?

      As I recall, there was a bit of a discussion here about the registration
      process (which I didn't follow, as I wasn't registering). So I suspect if
      one were to consider registering late, there might be suggestions on the
      smoothest way to do that.

      Not that I'm going, still, yet.

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
        There is all kinds of data on the website,
        http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon35reg.html . You can join using Paypal,
        direct from that page. Or you can download and printout the registration
        information and keep it close to your checkbook, unitl you figure things
        out. The most recent pdf is at http://www.mythsoc.org/Registration35.pdf

        All the information is good until June 30, I believe. If you want stay
        with the rest of the group (which is the most fun way to do things),
        please get the paperwork and money in by June 30. You can register at
        the door for membership only, but it will probably be more expensive.

        As for the other question about arrival and leaving times. Best arrival
        time noon to 3 pm Friday. Papers usually start at 2-3 pm, so you'll miss
        the least that way. Because I'm coming from the West Coast, I usually
        come in a day earlier, since most flights won't get me there until early
        evening and I hate missing anything. But people can and do arrive until
        all hours on Friday. Things are usually done by about noon on Monday, I
        try to find a 2 pm flight so I have time to get to the airport.

        Glad you are thinking about coming!

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
          All the information is good until June 30, I believe. If you want stay
          with the rest of the group (which is the most fun way to do things),
          please get the paperwork and money in by June 30. You can register at
          the door for membership only, but it will probably be more expensive.

          As for the other question about arrival and leaving times. Best arrival
          time noon to 3 pm Friday. Papers usually start at 2-3 pm, so you'll miss
          the least that way. >>

          What is the scoop with staying an extra day, either before or after?

          I am also interested to hear the buzz about the shuttle... I guess it's a
          hotel service? Are the rooms at the hotel or the dorms or both or what?

          Lizzie Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia