Re: silly millimeter

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
      Well, one of my bosses was male and several inches shorter than me (I'm 5-6). My
      daughter is an inch shorter than me (and boy is she pissed). My mother-in-law was
      5-1. Karen Trimble is very short (not even 5 feet), but she makes a great Lobelia
      Baggins! Harold's fourth grade teacher (a woman in her 20s) was 5-3, and had one
      male student taller than her (his adult height will be 6-8). My brother is 5-7 as is
      my father. My ex's current wife is 5-short (like 3) and one of her teenage son's
      almost at full growth isn't much taller.

      There seem to be a reasonable number of shorter people out there. Most of them are
      probably older, but a lot of kids aren't always taller than their parents anymore
      either (see my daughter).

      Just for the record, my husband is 6 feet. Moose may end up 6-2. Grandpa Harold was
      about 6 feet before he started shrinking from old age, he's about 5-9 now.

      Oh, and if you want a shorter inseam, go to a store that caters to Orientals. They
      tend to be shorter, so the "men's petite" can be found there. And the tailor can
      also be your friend <g>.

      Mythically yours,

      Lisa

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        In a message dated 3/3/00 1:14:37 PM Central Standard Time, d-lena@...
        writes:

        > From: David Lenander <d-lena@...>
        >
        > Maybe a misprint for "full centimeter"?

        An impressive difference indeed! Hurrah for public health!