Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: (Whiteoak) Earthsea Trilogy

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2004
      In a message dated 3/31/2004 12:26:23 PM Central Standard Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      >They're both bad guys whose names start with S, you see. Way too confusing.

      L Sprague de Camp (I think it was he) propounded some rules for fantasy/sf
      writing, one of which was that the names should be distinctive. He said that he
      could never, for instance, keep from mixing up CS Lewis' villain Weston and
      his hero Ransom.

      Diamond Proudbrook