Re: So why was registration made so difficult?

  • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
      Of all the many reasons for offering to run a Mythcon, I have to
      admit that this one never crossed my mind.

      I won't be at Mythcon this year, but not for lack of information
      about the conference; it's simply a matter of finances. I suspect
      the current state of the economy, especially for those of us in the
      higher ed sector, is a limiting factor for many potential Mythcon
      goers. At MSCD, faculty and staff pay has been frozen for the third
      consecutive year, and there are no funds for professional
      development. I know the same is true at many other public colleges
      and universities. Sometimes there are external factors affecting
      conference size.

      Patricia Vivien Yarrow

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, WendellWag@a... wrote:

      > I tried several times in the 1970's and 1980's to get on the
      Council of