Narnia covers

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2004
      The discussion of the original and new orderings for the Chronicles of
      Narnia has reminded me that I want to find a set in the old order. Our
      current set consists of a few from the old Collier books set where the
      cover of The Magician's Nephew feastures a Polly with neon green hair,
      a few from another set with sort of an antiquey-looking beige background
      and intricate medievalish illustrations, and a copy of Dawn Treader from
      a new-order set with pointillism style art--in other words, a motley
      assortment. Do any of you know of a place where I could see what different
      covers were printed with the original numbering so I can choose one to
      start collecting? So far all I've found is an online gallery of Russian
      Narnia covers, which isn't terribly helpful to me.

      Thanks for any help!

      Julie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2004
        At 04:18 PM 3/12/2004 -0600, Julie wrote:

        >current set consists of a few from the old Collier books set where the
        >cover of The Magician's Nephew feastures a Polly with neon green hair,

        That's the set we've got. I never noticed that they were numbered.

        I'm not sure you want to collect this one: Prince Rilian has similar
        neon-green hair, and Aslan on "Last Battle" is a darker green suggesting a
        felt toy lion that's gone mildewed.

        - David Bratman