Re: [mythsoc] Re: Tolkien and Catholicism (was Plagiarism)

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2004
      Bill - Yes, same guy. _Lord of the Elves and Eldils_ (rather hard to find
      today) was a pioneering, and quite insightful especially for the time,
      study of theology and philosophy in Tolkien and Lewis. Purtill has also
      written another book on Tolkien (_J.R.R. Tolkien: Myth, Morality, and
      Religion_), which has good parts but is weak on religion, and a defense of
      Lewis's apologetics which I thought pretty bad.

      - David Bratman